Runway: dimensions not available - grass
Shotwick airfield (also known as RFC Shotwick and later RAF Shotwick) was an airfield 20 kilometeers south of Liverpool, England.
The airfield was built as a civilian airfield, and opened before the Royal Flying Corps took control of it in 1916.
The airfield, now called RFC Shotwick, was used as a training airfield with Sopwith Pups, Camels and Avro 504s.
Upon the formation of the Royal Air Force it was renamed RAF Shotwick.
The airfield was always closely connected with RAF Sealand, from which it was seperated by a railroad track.
It merged with RAF Sealand in 1924 and adopted the latter's name, to avoid confusion with a Lincolnshire airfield called RAF Scopwick.